Conversations about inclusive and sustainable communities: six practices for creative engagement O’Brien J and Towell D. (2011)
The six practices presented in this guide offer practitioners helpful insights into how to begin conversations with citizens that develop mutual understanding and a shared desire to act together. The six practices will be useful for those trying to:
- Discover more about local people’s perspectives
- Bring together diverse groups to coproduce knowledge and generate new, shared insights
- Identify local assets which are often overlooked, but which often prove key to success
- Balance broad based engagement with in-depth understanding
- Best practice community engagement techniques
2. The Community Playbook has a range of tools and resources for community practitioners – like individual asset mapping techniques, consultation techniques and ideation techniques.